Membership is open to the head or nominated representative of any state-recognized assay office.
Observer status is open to other organizations dealing with precious metals.
Members and observers are required to sign a Memorandum of Understanding. This includes details of the constitution, aims, articles of association and voting procedure. It can be downloaded from the documents section of this website.
An annual fee of Euro 400 is payable.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Participation in round robins experiments. Inter-laboratory comparisons are important for accreditation to quality systems, such as ISO 17025. The large number of participants who take part in the IAAO round robin experiments have high quality, statistically significant results on which to make their comparisons.
- Keeping up-to-date information on matters which may impact marking, such as EU Directives, ILAC initiatives, techniques, the Hallmarking Convention etc.
- Support and help on hallmarking political and technical matters.
- Representation to the EU Parliament, Commission and Council of Ministers as necessary.
- A chance to share experiences with other assay offices, likeminded people and organizations.
- The website will offer a vehicle to share your information with customers and other offices on vital hallmarking information.
- Members often host meetings, which include visits of the home assay office and cultural events.