The International Association of Assay Offices
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.theiaao.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.theiaao.com (“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, information provided when you apply for membership, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, contribute to our publications and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
• Information that you provide in response to surveys that we may carry out from time to time.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including those relating to membership;
• To notify you about changes to the content of our site to improve our site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you do not wish to be contacted in this manner please let us know by emailing the IAAO Secretariat at email@example.com
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information where relevant with any member of our group being an authorised state assay office or official observer.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information that you provide to us is stored on secure servers (electronic data) or in secure filing systems (manual records).
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us using the details at the end of these terms.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted of our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our members and official observers or other relevant organisations such as the International Hallmarking Convention. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You may access in accordance with applicable law information held about you . Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.